“Stinky thinky” thinking is the negative loop of bad thinking which keeps you broke, disgusted and behind on your dreams! Experts suggest 60-80,000 thoughts pass through our brains on a daily basis. Shockingly, up to 90% of those thoughts are carried over from yesterday. Even more shocking, up to 80% of those thoughts are NEGATIVE!
A negative thought is any thought that causes us to slip, lose hope or that stands in the way of improving our well-being. It is the negative thinking attached to a mistake or blunder you made perhaps years ago and it keeps you on the stinky-thinky merry-go-round! Here’s the loop:
· Repeating the same mistake over and over
· People close to you reminding you of your mistakes over and over
· You reminding yourself of your mistakes over and over
Three Reasons Why You Can’t Get off the Carousel
1. You keep looking back. Perhaps you are anticipating the mistakes of the past will correct themselves. They most likely will not. The best thing to do is to learn from them and move forward.
Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”
2. Your spiritual vision is hazy. You have a desire to move forward – to get off the carousel – but the people around you have filled your mind with disbelief and doubt, keeping you grounded on the tarmac when you’ve been cleared by God to take off!
This is what the LORD Almighty says: “Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.
3. You don’t see the assignment in your struggle. For you, it’s all struggle. There’s nothing redemptive about what you are going through. Instead of GROWING through your are GOING through.
Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you.
1 Peter 4:12
Redemptive Hermeneutical Principle: Take care of the negative thinking and the other two categories (words and actions) take care of themselves! When you think confidently in Christ, you will speak and act no less confidently in Christ!
Visit www.pastorwericcroomes.com and get updates on my upcoming E-Line book release Watch Your Life!